Monday, October 12, 2015

New post

Many things have happened in the ten months since my last post. I can try to point out some of the worst. There was much work on the yard this year. Dad purchased 40+ trees for the yard. Although they weren't much higher than the weeds, the trees were at least distinguishable. They also laid mulch and sod. On any given day you could look out the window and see Dad standing insolently in the yard holding a hose, watering the precious grass. Amazingly, the grass survived the severe drenching. There were three turns of terror for Joe. First he had to rake the dirt. Next he had to lay the sod, and for the rest of the summer, he had to mow the sod. Fortunately, we are now in the fall season, when grass does not grow as fast. There have been numerous crimes in the Horne household, some punished, some not, all depending on the perpetrator. On one day, Dad was trying hard to clean the yard up. Joe decided to take that moment to dump a handful of golfballs on the grass and to begin whacking them into the woods. Dad expressed great annoyance at this guesture and the golfballs had to be immediately taken up from the area. At the present time many are sick in the household. As I am typing this, Sam is crouched a couple feet away from me wiping up the reruns of his supper. Everyone except for Dad is coughing excessively, and sometimes forces immediate ejection of the last respective meal. Even Rufus can occasionally be heard, "HAACKK!" The past few nights Mom has been quarantined to the guest room at night, because of her cough, but is returning to her room tonight. As I type, I glance over the room, the scattered dog toys, blankets, boots, and laptops. I hear the squabbling of the family members in the other room. I hear the dumping out of game pieces on the table. We are back to normal, if you can call it such.

4 comments:

  1. Bwahahahaha! You are CRAZY, Joe!
    I'm sorry about your coughs. I pray you all get well soon.
    Good luck with the game. You'll have to let me know who won, then I'll know who all the sore losers were. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be about three hours before they are done, they are playing RISK. Even now, I here rolling of the dice and arguing about their world domination. This is not a good game for Samuel to play. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom won. Sam and Joe, sore losers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very vivid and colorful post Joe. made me smile. Your crazy. Hope you all get 100 % soon
    .

    ReplyDelete